The Transition from KS2 - KS3
Nadene Townsend-Smith - Assistant Headteacher and Director of Student Progress - Transition
Systems for Support
- Director of Student Progress, Transition
- Transition Teaching Assistants
- Consistent system for data transfer from over 20 primary schools across Eastbourne schools.
- Lone transferees workshops
- Taster Evening/Taster Day
- Group work session
- Summer School
- Welcome meeting for parents
- Taster Evening
- Parent Handbook
- Coffee Morning
- Individual meetings
- Primary School Surgeries
- Meet the Tutor Evening
Supporting Teaching Staff
- Tutor support programme
- Comprehensive information pack for every teaching class
- Pen potrait for SEND and EVER 6 students
- Nurture workshops and shared strategies
Alison Walters - Assistant Headteacher
- Shared schemes of works for all curriculum subjects between the two phases.
- Shared expertise for core subjects.
- Common learning packages cascaded from secondary to primary schools.
- Subject working parties.
- Shared expertise and strategies by primary teaching staff to inform learning in the secondary school setting.
- Subject specific activities; Common Science Investigation, Science Wash Day challenge, Year 10 Sport Leaders Festival of Sport and PE Release Transition Programme.
- Media workshops for all year groups in primary school.
- Lessons in all subject areas delivered at primary and secondary school setting throughout the year.
- Year 6 planner to aid organisation and expectations relating to homework. Supporting literacy.
- Preparation pack to introduce study skills.
- Open Evening
- Year 6 Welcome Evening
- Taster Evening
- Meet the Tutor Evening - MyMaths workshop