At Willingdon Community School, we place great importance on homework as it is a key part of our vision. We are committed to every member of our community valuing opportunities, aiming for success today, and preparing for challenges and opportunities tomorrow.
Purpose of homework at Willingdon Community School:
• Encourages self-discipline and study habits.
• Reinforces class work and consolidates learning.
• Provides additional assessment opportunities.
• Gives students experience of working on their own.
• Develops a sense of responsibility.
• Involves parents/carers in the educational process.
The two documents below will help in parents understanding the frequency and rationale for homework at Willingdon Community School.