VCERT HEALTH AND FITNESS COURSE REVISION PAGE
What is in this GCSE course? Details of exams, other elements and marks available.
NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Health and Fitness (603/2650/5)
Externally set written examination which is externally marked. 40% of the Technical Award.
- 80 marks
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- a mixture of multiple-choice, short answer and extended response questions.
- LO1 Understand the structure and function of body systems and how they apply to health and fitness
- LO2 Understand the effects of health and fitness activities on the body
- LO3 Understand health and fitness and the components of fitness
- LO4 Understand the principles of training
Unit 02 Preparing and planning for health and fitness
Synoptic project which is internally and externally marked. 60% of the Technical Award.
- LO1: Understand the impact of lifestyle on health and fitness
- LO2: Understand how to test and develop components of fitness
- LO3: Understand how to apply health and fitness analysis and set goals
- LO4: Understand the structure of a health and fitness programme and how to prepare safely
LINKS TO CHECKLISTS AND OTHER USEFUL RESOURCES
NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award Health and Fitness
Revision booklets supplied by your teacher:
All you need to know - Qualification Specification
Just the Facts
Model answers, completed papers and mark schemes will be shared with students at the end of each unit.