East Sussex College
Taster Days at East Sussex College
Eastbourne campus: Monday 21st June
Lewes campus: Friday 25th June
Hastings campus: Wednesday 30th June
To register please click here: https://tasters.escevents.co.uk/register
It would be much appreciated if you could also inform the school that you will be absent on the selected day by completing the absence via Edulink.
For more information about the Taster Days please see the following link: https://www.escg.ac.uk/whats-on/taster-days/
Should you have any questions, or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Rooney, Careers Adviser
Y10 Parent Evenings:
Share details of our virtual evenings with the parents of your current Year 10 students, running 6-7:30pm on:
- Wednesday 23rd June
- Wednesday 14th July
Helping parents guide their child in their further study and career choices, and an opportunity to learn about vocational education. Schools and parents should contact Schools Liaisons for more details/to book onto one of the sessions.
Seaford Head Taster Day
CAREERS >EAST SUSSEX
FE Colleges and sixth forms' arrangements
Welcoming prospective students. There are activities running from May, including open days and events, virtual tours, taster sessions and with study packs and resources.
For students who have not yet applied for post-16 education. If you are not sure of your log-in, speak to Mrs Borrell.
Get to Know ESC
- The Careers East Sussex website, provides information both for young people, and for their parents and carers, including journey to adulthood information for young people with additional needs. It includes the Employability Passport tool which enables students to record their skills and careers experiences, and which is freely accessible to all students with an e-prospectus log-in. Learners can use their Passport information in applications, share it with tutors for feedback or print it off as an interview prompt. Information on how to use the Passport can be found here.
- For all learners, we would recommend having a one-to-one session with a careers guidance professional in school if they have not already done so. Speak to Mrs Rooney to set this up. Alternatively, Get Career Confident also offer free online guidance sessions and the National Careers Service is available online or by phone 0800 100 900.
- ASK Summer Transition Offer The ASK programme has been expanded this summer, with a range of new resources to assist young people and their supporters to understand their local training and education options. Book/enquire here: Request Support - Amazing Apprenticeships or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Tech Apprenticeships are now open for applications!
Click here to apply
The Future of Tech Needs You. If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, gaming console or a smart meter at home, you’ve already used an Arm powered product. Our advanced processor designs play a massive part in optimising the performance of 95% of all the world’s connected devices.
Want to leap straight into a technology career? We're offering Apprenticeship opportunities where you'll get to join a global business that is full to the brim of hugely talented people. Whatever your age or background, a new qualification can open doors.
Apprentice Software Engineer
Our Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship comprises of both paid work and study, allowing you to earn while working towards a Software Developer qualification, funded by Arm. Your on-the-job learning is supported by a dedicated mentor at Arm and academic support from our training provider.
Our Level 4 Apprenticeship comprises of both paid work and study, allowing you to earn while working towards a BSc Honours degree, funded by Arm. Your on-the-job learning is supported by a dedicated mentor at Arm and academic support from the University.
To apply to either of these positions please click the button below.
Plumpton College Presentation
Eastbourne College Presentation
Bexhill College Presentation
East Sussex College Presentation
Use the Careerometer to compare different jobs — salary, working hours, etc.
Click the dotted square. Type in the first career that you think you might be interested in and select from the drop-down list, then add your second and third choice to see the comparison.
THE RUSSELL GROUP
FROM CHURCHILL COLLEGE
In light of being unable to run visits as usual, we have set up online versions of our core schools and colleges liaison activities at http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/study-us/undergraduates/schools-and-colleges-liaison, and the pages linked from it. From these, individuals can access a number of sessions, including virtual visits.
Students and parents who are interested in admission to Churchill should check out https://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/study-us and the pages linked from it. In particular, you can find information about:
• degree subjects, http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/study-us/undergraduates/subjects
• typical offers, http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/study-us/undergraduates/typical-offers
• super-curricular exploration, http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/subjectexplore
• post-16 subject-choices, http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/subjectexplore
• FAQs, http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/study-us/undergraduates/faqs
One link which we feel may be of great help to prospective applicants is the following pdf which gives a breakdown, by subject, of suggested wider reading and super-curricular activities:
|Step into the NHS||Take the online quiz and find out your NHS career|
|Jobs in the NHS||Browse thousands of live NHS jobs|
|nhsvaluestool.e-lfh.org.uk/||Free online resource to find out whether you are suited to NHS work|
|apps.trac.jobs/||A database of all health and NHS jobs|
|healthcareers.nhs.uk/||Find information on working in health|
|haso.skillsforhealth.org.uk||Development of health apprenticeships|
|findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk & gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship||Help finding and applying for apprenticeships across the UK|
|instituteforapprenticeships.org||Easy access to standards, entry requirements and desireable skills|
|skillsforcare.org.uk||Question of Care Quiz - providing a personal profile of your suitability for care roles|