Careers Education , Information , Advice & Guidance (CEIAG)
At Willingdon we value how important Careers Education , Information, Advice and Guidance is for our young people, in both raising aspirations and guiding and preparing them for the next steps in their career pathways. The Careers Education and Guidance programme at Willingdon is designed to help students make the most of themselves and their opportunities. In particular, it aims to help them:
- develop their knowledge and understanding of the changing nature of work, learning and careers
- extend their understanding of opportunities in learning and work
- make good use of information and guidance
- develop and use their self-knowledge when thinking about, and making course and other choices
- develop and use the skills they need to review achievements, plan future actions, make decisions, present themselves well and cope with change and transition.
This programme is delivered by tutors through registration each week.
In addition to this, our CEIAG provision is supported by a host of other careers related events that our young people receive throughout the year. Examples of these include : Careers fairs, mock interviews, focused assemblies and taster days to local colleges and universities. Please click on the link below to see how these events are mapped out across the year for each individual year group.
Work Experience takes place in May, and involves every year 10 student completing a week with an external employer. This is an invaluable opportunity for our students to fully experience the work place, and the world of work, and also learn those very important employability skills that all employers are looking for.
The school has recently been reviewed – and successfully maintained its achievement of 'Investors in Careers' Award. This is a nationally recognised award for having excellent standards in careers education, information, advice and guidance. In addition, we are also working towards achieving 100% in all 8 of the Gatsby benchmarks – again illustrating our high standards within CEIAG provision.
For more information on CEIAG at Willingdon, please do contact our careers lead – Lesley Naylor