Careers Advice & Guidance
The Careers Education and Guidance programme at Willingdon is designed to help students make the most of themselves and their opportunities. In particular, it aims to help them:
- develop their knowledge and understanding of the changing nature of work, learning and careers
- extend their understanding of opportunities in learning and work
- make good use of information and guidance
- develop and use their self-knowledge when thinking about, and making course and other choices
- develop and use the skills they need to review achievements, plan future actions, make decisions, present themselves well and cope with change and transition
It is delivered by tutors through lesson one each week, and is supported by other events such as the school’s annual Careers Fair, focused assemblies and taster days to local colleges and universities.
The school has recently reviewed its achievement of 'Investors in Careers' Award, which is a nationally recognised award for having excellent standards in careers education, information, advice and guidance.