At Willingdon Community School, we aim to develop, in all our students, key values which we consider contribute to the achievement of what we refer to as, Personal Excellence.
We are a high achieving school which wants to achieve the best for all students. But achievement is not just about good academic results, it is also about developing the qualities and values which will make an individual a good friend, employee, relative, parent or colleague and will serve them for the rest of their life.
The key values we want young people to develop will overarch everything the students do at Willingdon. They are: Ambition, Respect, Courtesy, Compassion and Honesty. So, what do they mean?
- Ambition – To strive to do your best on all occasions. Take on new challenges and challenge yourself to reach the highest possible standards and be personally successful.
- Respect – To respect and value all members of our community, recognising and celebrating our differences. Respect ourselves, valuing what we can each bring to our community.
- Compassion – Understand the needs of others and support those who sometimes need our help. Contribute to charitable work which supports those less well-off in the world.
- Courtesy – Be well mannered in all situations, displaying the basic courtesies that we all value. Greet those you work with regularly; be particularly welcoming and polite to visitors and show appreciation for those who support and work closely with you.
• Honesty – Always be honest, even when it may appear difficult. Be honest to yourself – know your strengths
and your weaknesses.