Developing Personal Excellence
Welcome to Willingdon Community School
On behalf of the students, staff and governors of Willingdon Community School, I should like to give you a very warm welcome to our website and invite you to explore its content.
Ian Jungius - Headteacher
GCSE Results – The Best in East Sussex
Year 11 2015 have excelled themselves with 73% of them passing 5 or more GCSEs at A*-C including English and maths. At a time when the examination system is getting tougher these results place Willingdon as the highest performing school in the county for the first time ever and amongst at least the top 20% of schools nationally.
- 73% of Students passing 5 or more GCSEs at A*-C including English & maths.
- 41% of students achieved the prestigious English Baccalaureate, a rise of over 20 %.
- 34% of all grades were at A*/A with 31% of students achieving 3 or more A*/A grades and 51% with at least 1 A*/A grade.
- 97% of students passed 5 or more GCSEs
Ofsted Parent View
Admission to Willingdon Community School, September 2015
Please contact Reception if you would like to arrange a time to view the school.
- 1000 Students at our school
- 73% 5+ A*-C including English and maths at GCSE
- 20+ After-school Enrichment clubs every week
- 25 Average class size
Preparing to take the next steps in life
We are one of seven secondary schools and a large FE College (Sussex Downs College), which work very closely together on a range of initiatives. Working collaboratively, the schools and college have developed a number of flexible curriculum offers, strategies to support the development of good behaviour, improved transition to college at 16, staff development programmes and a range of other joint activities.
Willingdon has taken a prominent role in leading on many of these, to the benefit of all schools locally. As a recently designated Teaching School, working together with local schools is very much at the heart of our work, impacting on the quality of our provision but also providing a range of development opportunities for new and experienced teachers.